Monday, December 17, 2012

Unit 10.. My Brain Hurts:)

My scores from unit 3 to now are the same in the psychological and physical, but my score improved in the spiritual arena by a point.  I have been focusing mostly on the spiritual aspect because physically and psychologically I feel like I am solid and it is pretty routine practice for me.  I am going to use the meditative practices, yoga, and deep breathing to  try and get to a better place spiritually.

Physically I continue to reach my goals my using my GPS to track my progress running.  I have also started using strength training twice a week. I want to get to three times per week.
Psychologically, I have been using my journal to track my feelings and also keeping in touch with my friends to help me stay grounded and when I feel I need help to ask for it.  That is a hard thing for me to do.  But I am getting better at it and it is becoming easier.  Spiritually, I am using the meditative practices with MP3's sometimes when I do yoga.  My goal is to keep up this practice and so far so good.  This will probably be the hardest part for me to continue.  I will use a journal with this also to keep track of my meditative practices.

My personal experience throughout this class has been amazing.  I have realized that it is important not to think I have to do it all and do it perfectly.  I can say no and I can and will make mistakes.  It's my choice in my reactions to situations.  Letting go of the negative thoughts and only letting positive ones in in my path to human flourishing.  The most difficult part for me has been letting myself of the hook for mistakes I have made.  I hope this experience will help me in assisting others without judgement.  To help guide them to a place that is right for them personally.  Showing them it's in their power to change and become the person they want to be.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year


















































6 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    This has been a wonderful course and I am so grateful for the new things we have learned. I have always known that our mind can play a large part of how we feel, but I didn't really understand the effects that it plays on our health. I have a long way to go to reach my goals, but I am well on my way. I wish you the best in reaching your goals of flourishing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel;
    It's been a great term. I have enjoyed reading your posts and seeing how much you have grown from this class. This has been a very interesting and enlightening class. Our minds are amazing things and capable of so much more than what we think. It was great going on this journey with you. Hope you have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    I am so happy for you that you have been able to take advantage of this class like the rest of us. I have really loved this whole process and always wanted to learn about it but never knew where to start. I feel very enlightened that there are so many of us out there learning together. Goo luck and Merry Christmas and I hope your New Year is filled with wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,

    I have really enjoyed reading your posts this term! You do not give yourself enough credit! I hope that as you do learn to continue recognize negative thoughts you will isolate those times you are hard on yourself and add some positive truth into your mind and heart. It's often hard to give ourselves grace even if we are quick to extend it to others. Good luck with your future course. Bless you and Merry Christmas!! :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    I have enjoy your post this term.It is great to see that you can say no to things because I believe that saying no to things will keep the pressure off you and you don't have to worry about peoples feeling. Good luck with your future! May God bless you and your family!
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel,
    My brain hurts too. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and wish you the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Take care and keep on growing and flourishing.
    I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete