Here we are at unit 7 wow has it flown by. My meditative practices for this week have been pretty amazing. I really am beginning to almost crave my time to listen to the MP3's. I always go into my room and relax with the fake fireplace roaring. The only thing on my mind is to get to that place of complete relaxation. Meeting Aesculapius or mindfulness meditation is very calming and relaxing to me. I am not really fond of the mans voice in the beginning but I find the woman's voice calming. I also enjoy hearing the waves and letting her guide me in all my thoughts. I think that is easier for me than trying to concentrate on my own. Being mindful of others along with myself in my actions, and words has let me take a step back and realize that we all have our own battles and no one persons issues are more important that the others. I feel that I am becoming a little more spiritual everyday and I am very proud of this. My attitude towards life is in general better (it was never horrible) or at least improved. I find myself thinking "is this really important" and pretty much let it go. I plan on keeping these mp3's in my itunes library and using them frequently. When I get better at these I will find some more mp3's and try them out also. It is also really nice to listen to all of these in order as I do my exercise ball and some yoga. It's a nice long workout actually.
I believe the phrase "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" (p.477) means practice what you preach really. If you are trying to help someone and don't practice the things you are teaching then I think there would be a lack of connection with the client. I believe you wouldn't understand and couldn't guide the client if you didn't practice some form . I also think when the client asked questions you wouldn't be able to answer them honestly and there might be a lack of trust between client and practitioner.
I plan on continuing my current practice and not give up due to the "no time" I know this is my biggest battle, but I am determined to improve my life as a whole. Mind-Body-Soul.
Looking forward to this weeks comments.
Rachel
Hi Rachel~
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I have a fake fireplace as well, they are awesome! I actually didn't like the male voice either, was very droll... The female voice was soothing, yes, but I couldn't get into the exercise. I agree with your meaning of the statement concerning leading others; it's just basically do as I say and not as I do isn't how it should be. :) Good blog post
Enjoyed your post, Rachel!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your meditation has become a huge part of your health journey. I agree that being mindful can start to change how you see yourself and others. It's amazing how your perspective changes when you actually "wake up". Keep up the good work, woman!
Melissa
Hi Rachel, It sounds like you are able to incorporate meditation practice into your life easily. That is great!! I think I will try listening as I do my work outs, that might be a nice way to have "guided imagery" as I love the feeling of being able to "just lose myself" in what ever workout I am doing. Have a great week !!
ReplyDeleteSue
Rachel, Once again job well done! You have done a fantastic job on your blog this week, I always love reading your work because of your honesty, that's what I am learning to value in this course, people's ability to be honest and share their journey with us. I think we are all experiencing this course in different ways based on our willingness to accept the change is offering us, my growth has also grown throughout this course, and I am thankful for that. Keep up the good work Rachel.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI am also happy for you wanting these practices every day. I have the same feeling as you on craving that time to escape in a meditative state or peaceful mind. It is soooo relaxing I just cannot emphasize how much I have loved this class and doing these exersices. Probably the best class we will endeavor in any college experience as far as relaxation for homework! Good Luck in the rest of class.
Hello Rachel
ReplyDeleteI sometimes find it hard to concentrate especially now because my days are full, also I have a friend staying at my home. She had surgery and I am trying to help by taking care of her.I told myself this will be my act of loving kindness.
Some times it is so hard to let go of thing but like you said if is not important cast it in the winds, sort of speak. I think over the holidays I will enjoy these meditations more, because I will have more time to get deep into it.
Maria