Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unit 6

Hi everyone, This weeks exercises were two that were at first hard for me to do, but I have done then everyday for 4 days straight and found that I really am finding a sense of inner peace when I do them both.  I prefer the second exercise I'm not really sure why but maybe because it goes a little deeper.  I start with the mini practice and repeat it in my head over and over.  I was able to get to around 5 minutes and I did feel more at peace after I did the exercise.  Then I did the integral assessment which at first was definitely more difficult (I love a good challenge) .  I asked myself which part of my life is causing me the most stress and when I answered I then was able to let it go and feel so much more at ease.  I still have moments of worry but I feel much better and not so upset with the situation.  I know which area I need to grow in but I am still trying to focus of my area of concern.  I have started a journal and have been seeking guidance from a very trusted person in my life.  I decided to focus on the first approach for a couple of weeks because I have a specific area of concern that is deeply personal so I choose not to talk about it on the blog.(I'm fine and so is my family and we have no illness) and hopefully I will transition into the second exercise with ease.

For exercises, physically I will continue to run outside hopefully weather permitting, and use my big rubber ball for stretching and yoga.  I want to continue doing all the exercises that we have learned thus far because I find them very beneficial for my well-being.  I have increased my time to meditate in the morning and added it at night also.  Lastly I started a journal last week and that has been a very big help along with the guidance of a close friend. 

Hope to hear from everyone soon, Happy blogging:)

Rachel


4 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    I too carry an excessive amount of baggage emotionally. I have found through some of these exercises I too am moving toward peace. I find lately cathing myself as I start to over react or really down, what can I do to come back to center? I have found that mantras help me. Focusing my energy on how I want to be and feel. I hope that all continues to go well for you and you are able to get through your struggles quickly.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel;
    I really enjoy reading your post. I like seeing how your meditation journey is growing and developing. It sounds like it is really helping you in your health and wellness path. Starting a journal sounds like a great idea to record your thoughts and experiences both before and after you meditate. This could be a great way to see how jumbled your mind was before meditating and how it is after. Keep up the good work, woman. I hope that whatever your struggling with works out in a positive way. Remember, it is a choice in how we choose to look at what obstacles Life puts in our way. It's easy to see the negative, but it takes a keener eye to see the positive and opportunity for growth. Stay strong, chick! Sending Love and Light your way!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Props to you for keeping a journal. That is the ONE thing that I have always tried to do and never finished. Like I would be good for about three days, then just stop. By the time I picked it back up, a few months had passed and I didn't know where to start. I've been thinking about doing it again, and being brutally honest in it, but I'm afraid my wife will snoop and find it. I don't care who you are, whether you are in the perfect relationship or not, sometimes there will be thoughts that are just mean, or wrong. I want to write those thoughts down, and analyze them later, but like I said, people snoop and I'm afraid of putting too much of myself out there. Hope it works out great for you, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say I haven't had time to do these exercises at all, besides the initial practices for class. My relaxation is whatever time I have at the end of the day to bead or ebay, lol. I have been trying to make time for yoga but having trouble with what to start with. As far as baggage I have more than I should, but some of it was my own fault; something I also would rather not converse over a blog. We all have things that we are not particularly interested in sharing with others, and I have discovered that those are the hardest on our mind/body/spirit. I am still working on this as well.

    ReplyDelete